NO! Trump did not say that a couple weeks back, he said this:
“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.” Donald Trump on the Charlotteville White Supremacist rally and the murder of Heather Heyer [19 injured] by a Neo Nazi called to the rally.
And then when asked about his “many sides, many sides” statement Trump doubled down with “both sides” being guilty.
Here are five reasons this cartoon is bullshit:
- Many sides, both sides did not run a car through a crowd killing one and injuring 19.
- I have yet to hear anyone defending Antifa. I find universal agreement that they do far more harm than good to this or most any issue at all.
- 75% of Republicans agree with “both sides, many sides” with 34% of Americans agreeing with the White Supremacist on the confederacy, immigration, the racism and that the Short Fingered Vulgarian can do not wrong, as is the case in all religious and political cults.
- Trump said “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides.” The Charlotteville rally was organized and attended to not only celebrate hate of Blacks, Jews, Muslims, Mexicans, Immigrants but also with a call to bring armor, shields, clubs, torches and GUNS in the hopes of instigating violence.
- Many sides, both sides were not organized to specifically promote and celebrate hate, bigotry, racism, antisemitism, violence and genocide.
- Many sides, both sides were not there to advocate fascism.