Romney Wins Debate Season, Does not vomit on himself! Cagle cartoonon October 23, 2012 at 7:13 am
Premise 1: Mitt Romney won the first debate on aggressiveness and a few little bottles of 6 hour pickmeups.
Premise 2:President Obama won the second debate on style, issues, content and facts.
Premise 3: President Obama won the third debate on style, issues, content and facts.
Conclusion: Romney won the debate season for a good showing on the first and not vomiting on himself for the second and third debates. Fact checking puts Mitt Romney often in the PANTS OF FIRE, PINOCCHIO and MOSTLY FALSE categories in all debaters while finding the president PARTLY FALSE a few times.
But this has to be forgiven. Republicans do not need facts, or science, or reality to win elections, after all, they give everyone a tax cut and eternal life in Heaven. They have no need for the truth in anything at all. Give them what they want. Relief from death and taxes is what they most want. And an iPhone5.
If there is any solace in all this, keep in mind that after the first Tuesday in November, even if Republicans win, they are only getting 34% of Americans eligible to vote. As an exercise, look over your friends, acquaintances, co workers and family and add up the gun loons, the over religious, the bigots and all those heartless bastards and I bet you come up around 34%. Well, that’s Yankee math. Southern math puts it about 68%. It is what many of us must suffer for the kind weather and the gentle beaches…