Though the word MOMENTS is the key here I still think they got the top three wrong. It should be:
- Elvis Hound Dog. The white boy who took black jump blues mainstream to dominate music for a generation.
- Dylan Maggie’s Farm Newport 65, moved not only folk into creative instrumentation and rock, but changed the Beatles from teenage love song crooners to not only the most creative group in musical history but who most changed the culture of the world.
- Beatles Sgt Pepper, post Dylan’s Maggie’s farm. See above.
- Beach Boys, melody, harmony and so very very American billed as a BAND rather than DUFUS AND THE…
356. Sugar Hill who manged to remove musical talent and melody from music to create the same old DISCO with more base and more meaning [mostly bad] which has dominated music now going on two generations. Sad.
The Rolling Stones, the greatest rock and roll band of all time, should be in the top ten somewhere. Altamont? The antithesis of Woodstock just a few months later.